The internet is the greatest unregulated market in the world. The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that more than half of medicines obtained on the internet from destinations that conceal their address might be fake. Numerous individuals are uninformed that countless drug stores are not directed and that when obtaining medicines on the web, there is a high possibility that these medicines are fake. Thus, here are a few things you must keep in mind while buying medicines online.
- Sites that sell medicines and their drugs without the requirement of a prescription are the ones that you need to stay away from. This means that these sites can sell whatever they want to whomever they want. This means that they are not as certified or verified as they should be.
- Always check the URL of the website. Check whether it is registered in your country or not. If registered then check if the registrant has many websites. If the same registrant has too many websites then it could counterfeit. Also, if the URL is based in another country then its best you don’t order from that website as the chances of delivery can be remote.
- Check If the website you are ordering from has a registered pharmacist to answer your questions. It just adds to the verification of the website. It’s a simple way in which you check the legitimacy of a pharmacy online.
- Another simple way, is to check whether there is a telephone number. If there is one call up and ask questions about registrations and verification about the website. If there is no telephone number or if the number doesn’t work you know something is wrong.
- If you notice offers such as bulk discounts and sample packs, maybe even “new cures” it would be wise to stay away. These offers could be ways in which they try to trap consumers into paying online and then they may receive deliveries that they do not match their requirements (which is very important when it comes medicines and drugs) or worse you may receive nothing at all.
- Often websites offer online consultancies when it comes to medicines to resemble legitimacy and respectability of the website. Do not fall for that. As consultancy for health online is formidable and not commonly practised. Its better you stay away from websites that try to lure you with such unrealistic deals and offer.
- Check whether the website is asking for age proof through means of your prescription or during delivery. Websites that openly deliver harmful drugs without an authorised prescription or age proof to minors are not to be trusted.